Job Description – President & CEO at Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
Founded in 1921, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce is the oldest business organization in the City of Miami Beach. With a $1.5MM budget, the Chamber has eight full-time and two part-time employees. The Chamber’s Board of Governors has 75 members, with 25 members serving on the Executive Board.
The Chamber owns and manages the Miami Beach Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to promoting the health and education of the students of Miami Beach public schools. The Foundation receives approximately $200,000 in annual funding from five neighboring municipalities, and benefits from several fundraising projects that the Chamber produces throughout the year.
Scope: The President & CEO is the Chief Administrative Officer of the organization and is responsible for membership goals.
Reports To: The Chairperson of the Board of Governors.
Responsibilities of The President & CEO:
- Sale of sponsorship packages, membership sales, and retention
- Maintaining strong member relations
- Administering the Chamber’s finances and program of work
- Attracting, organizing, leading, and motivating Chamber staff
- Formulating policies with the consent of the Board of Governors
- Maintaining and safeguarding the physical assets of the Chamber
- Overseeing the efficient execution of the work of the Chamber’s various Councils and events
- Maintaining and safeguarding a positive community perception of the Chamber
Duties of The President & CEO:
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring that the Chamber meets or exceeds membership goals
- Work with the Board of Governors on the development of an acceptable membership campaign as requested by the Board of Governors as necessary to meet budget goals
- Maintain positive relations with Board members and work with the Board Chairperson to develop and recruit potential new board members each year
- Work with the Chair of the Board to develop appropriate agenda items for each monthly board meeting
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chamber
- Interpretation and implementation of the Chamber’s policies
- Oversight of the employment of all Chamber personnel, the assignment of their duties, and their compensation commensurate with the budget, including the oversight, recruitment, and motivation of volunteers
- Working with staff to develop, maintain, and use systems and resources that facilitate the effective operation of the Chamber
- Oversight of the Chamber’s various Chamber councils, ensuring their effectiveness and furtherance of the Chamber’s mission
- Act as the spokesperson for the Chamber, responsible for all communication to the public, media, and other outside entities
- Represent the Chamber at various civic meetings and maintain positive working relationships with local government agencies and elected officials
- Liaise with all funding sources and grantors for the Chamber
- Work with the finance committee to prepare an operating budget that relates to program goals, subject to the Board of Governors’ approval
- Prepare monthly financial statements of income and expenses for the monthly Executive Board meeting
- Prepare specific plans for meeting the budget and be responsible for all expenditures within the approved budget
- Report to the Board of Governors any request for expenditures not budgeted
To apply for this position, interested candidates must submit their resume with a cover letter explaining their interest and providing their salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31, 2023.